Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using git and have a local clone on my hard drive. How do I configure ST?

Deleted user May 10, 2016

How do I configure ST without re-pulling everything? In other words, how do I tell it that D:\git is where my copies of files are?

I have been using Tortoise. but we are going to 2FA with Stash, so I guess I need to change.

I'm a complete newbie at this sort of thing, BTW.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

File -> New/Clone -> Add existing local repository

Deleted user May 10, 2016

Hey, it works! Thanks

For the benefit of others, you will select 'Clone/New' from the file menu and get a popup with three tabs: Clone Repository, Add Working Copy, and Create New Repository. You want Add Working Copy.

FWIW I have a folder called \git; inside it are two more. It did not see \git as a git directory, but it does see the ones inside

Thanks again!

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Sounds like you might be on a slightly different version than I am, but yeah that's it.  It wouldn't see your "git" directory because it is not, itself, a git repository.  But the individual folders within it presumably are.

If my answer helped you, please "Accept" it.  Thanks!

NASR 2087138 May 19, 2017
  1. 34

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events