It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to use sourcetree without keychain

I don't want to use keychain, I want to enter my password in to connect to my repos and perform git operations.  

Every time I try and do anything, source tree trys to connect to keychain,  I click deny.  I then get a prompt to enter my password *(with an annoying save to keychain option prechecked), which I enter in my password.  I then get the first popup again, trying to access keychain.   

I follow this loop a couple of times, then the operation fails because I can't connect to the repo.   As far as I can tell, this is because no password is entered into the git operation. 

How do I get source tree to stop prompting me to use keychain?

How do I get source tree to use my password I enter in to access my repos?

1 answer

0 votes
Manju Atlassian Team Mar 23, 2018

Please setup ssh on your Mac and server and you won't be asked for a password again. You might also want to convert your current https urls to ssh by right clicking on the repo in the bookmark/repo browser window. 

Here are the instructions to setup ssh on bitbucket - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-an-ssh-key-728138079.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you