How to solve the Unstaged files seen as Modified

Dan Raihert October 7, 2020

I have a list of Unstaged files, with the "Modified" icon on them, how do I solve them? Is it ok to runa "Stage all"? And why do I see those files, since they are not mines?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Hi @Dan Raihert,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Any file that is in the repository and is modified, either manually or by an editor (Visual Studio for example) will show up as modified in Sourcetree. You can use stage all if all changes should be part of your next commit.

You mentioned that the modified files are not yours, which leads me to guess that you did a merge or pull, and those files are changed by someone else on your team. If that is the case you have to stage those files too in order to complete the merge. If the files were changed by your editor, you should consider investigating if those files should be part of the repository or not. If the answer is no, then you should delete them, and then add them to your .gitignore file, that way the next time the editor changes they will not be shown as modified in Sourcetree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events