Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Sourcetree

Huevos September 13, 2014

I am migrating from Smartgit 3. In Smartgit I can pull (and push) from Github without problems.

In Sourcetree I can read from my local gits, but for some reason I cannot pull (or push) from Github.

Any idea what I can have done wrong in setting this up? I tried removing Sourcetree and reinstalling but it remembers everything from before the new install.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2014
0 votes
Huevos September 15, 2014

Yes, pull button was clickable. It was an authentication problem.

Two other problems. It won't allow me to use my SSH key. When I try to add it it asks for the passphrase and then tells me the passphrase is wrong.

Other problem is I am tracking two remotes. One of the remotes is a copy of my local and the other is pretty different. I want to cherry pick off this remote and incorporate the changes into my local. How do I do it? So I maybe want to pick 5 commits off this remote and have them show up as one merge on my local.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Please post your questions as new questions, not as an answer to an existing, unrelated question.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Also, accept Daryl's answer if it helped you.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2014

A little more description of the problem would be helpful. Are you able to click the push/pull buttons? What happens when you do? Are there any error messages in the interface?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events