How to search in commit descriptions

Can sourcetree be used to search in commit descriptions in a branch (or multiple branches..)?

Seems strange that I can't seem to find such a useful feature.

3 answers

1 accepted

At the bottom of the interface is a search tab (File Status, Log / History, Search). It does search commit messages, but I don't think it can be restricted to a particular branch.

You can also search file changes or authors using the dropdown to the right of the search box, but that doesn't sound particularly helpful.

Meanwhile, the search view button moved to the top left corner of the UI where you can switch between

• File Status (check-mark symbol)
  • Log (clock symbol)
  • Search (magnifying glass symbol)

Select Search, "Commit Message" next to the "Search:" label and enter your search String left of it, and hit Enter.

Thank for the update, the Magnifying glass symbol just not catch my eye attention. I am looking for it. Thanks for your update!

屏幕快照 2016-08-15 下午3.55.52.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

256 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot