Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save BitBucket account in Sourcetree

Hadden Kim July 20, 2018

How do you finalize (accept) adding a bitbucket account to Sourcetree?

I'm on MacOS, and according to the downloaded file, I'm using Sourcetree_2.7.6a downloaded today.

Attempting to follow the instructions provided here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/connect-your-bitbucket-or-github-account-847359096.html

What I see:

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 4.34.51 AM.png

Click 'Connect Account'

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 4.36.15 AM.png

After successfully entering my credentials through the email option, I'm shown this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 4.40.21 AM.png

This is basically identical to the web portal login at: https://bitbucket.org/dashboard/overview

At what point in do I finalize/save the account connection in SourceTree?

Through out the whole process, Only the Cancel button shows in this modal popup. Never any accept. This popup never closes so that I may click 'Save' back in the window shown in my first screenshot. I can create new repos, edit repos, and pretty much everything identical to navigating in a web browser, but I cannot finalize the account connection in Sourcetree. Nothing changes to the popup's buttons. For example, I can create a new repo, but still, nothing to accept the account in Sourcetree.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 4.32.38 AM.png

If I click the Cancel Button, I am taken back to the window in my first screenshot, with "Username: No Account Connected" and the Save button inactive.

3 answers

1 vote
lukas_balabonas September 27, 2018

The issue persists. I am unable to add my Bitbucket account to Sourcetree.

0 votes
pimd1988 October 4, 2018

I hope they are still actively looking into it because I'm also stuck at this point...

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Yes, we are looking at this and will have it fixed in our next release that will be out shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

jacobiiab October 16, 2018

When is the next release expected? There are many of us waiting on this.

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

We will have this build available early next week. 

Trey Overton October 23, 2018

After struggling with this for an hour, I found this thread. Next week would be super great, almost as good as last week, or some other actually useful time!

jacobiiab October 23, 2018

I've been using the beta to remedy the issue until they release it.

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2018

Hi,

This is an issue on Bitbucket Cloud that we are aware of and actively investigating. We will have a fix on this soon. In the meanwhile, please consider generating an App password and using it in Basic Auth password field for working with Bitbucket on Sourcetree. 

You can find details about App Passwords here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/app-passwords-828781300.html

Thanks!

Nick Chen August 16, 2018

How actively? It took me forever to find this report. This is a pretty critical bug... I can't get past that screen. The app password with basic auth is not a great workaround. Any progress here please? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events