How to resolve conflicts on applying stash in SourceTree?

bpiec August 24, 2017

There can be conflicts when applying stash changes. Currently SourceTree just displays an error message and the conflicting files contain changes from both versions. Cannot it just apply the same mechanism as in merge conflicts?

2 answers

0 votes
barathwaja November 14, 2018

Is there any implementation undergoing from SourceTree Team side @Mike Corsarofor solving this merge conflicts from SourceTree itself? Similar to what GitHub Released today.

FYI, https://blog.github.com/2018-11-14-github-desktop-1-5/

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

Hello! When applying a stash that causes merge conflicts, you'll need to resolve the conflicts yourself. The file list should look the same as when you have a normal merge conflict.

bpiec August 28, 2017

That doesn't help me. I know that I need to merge conflicts. I am just asking if SourceTree wouldn't be able to help me by providing the same mechanism as when merging.

Like Hannah Hodson likes this
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you requesting that ST have a new feature that allows for merging conflicts in-app?

bpiec August 28, 2017

When I do a merge it presents me a list of conflicting files and allows me to resolve them one by one (using external merge tool). When applying a stash there is no such thing.

Like Craig Smith likes this
Adrian Cigher September 14, 2017

I thouht I have the same issue, but then I switched back to Source Tree and the local changes were there ready to be solved and commited. Maybe it just didn't refresh the UI. Only after minimizing/switching back to Source Tree.

Like # people like this
alex75 October 7, 2017

I had the same problem: after the message there is no files listed.
I tried to minimize and resize the window, not solved.
I switched repository and return to this one and magically the file list appeared, with the the conflicted files.

Windows 10. 
SourceTree v 2.3.1.0 (windows app version)

Kevin Brammer October 12, 2017

The file status view is bugged since a few versions not refreshing and or freezing completely. I made a few bug reports on this (same as the windows size and drag an drop-ability not working) but no one seems to care.

An easy work around for your problem is to apply the stash, go to the file status tab and press F5. This will refresh the view and your conflicts will show up as usual.

Hope this Helps,

Kevin

Like # people like this
Peter Hitchmough October 17, 2017

Thanks for the F5 tip @Kevin Brammer.

Oscar Persson June 18, 2018

The F5 tip worked for me. Thanks @Kevin Brammer

lloydlcs September 26, 2018

Works for me too. Thanks @Kevin Brammer :)

arslanfurkanfatih November 15, 2018

Thanks . It works @Kevin Brammer

Jónas Sigurðsson March 26, 2019

Had the exact same issue as described above.   Solved by refreshing.  Interesting that this hasn't been fixed for so long.  Thanks for the help guys!

Like mhenry1384_ likes this
Scott Wilkinson May 1, 2019

Still an issue.  Is there an open issue we can vote for?

Like mhenry1384_ likes this
Andrew Whitegiver July 9, 2019

Still an issue. Refresh solved it.

Brett May February 23, 2021

2021 and this is still an issue

Like Michal Babjak likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events