Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reload global user information in SourceTree?

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2013

I have updated my global username and email on the command line:

git config --global user.name "NewUserName"
git config --global user.email "mynew@mail.com"

I restarted SourceTree, but when I open a repository, then go to Settings > Advanced, it still shows the old username (The 'Use global user settings' checkbox is checked).

Any idea what I need to do to make it correct?

5 answers

0 votes
Agustin Martin March 26, 2014

I thought I was going crazy seeing how sourcetree managed my global username/email, but I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

Using Win7, sourcetree 1.4.1.0

I see the wrong (old) username in the Tools->Options menu

I opened SRCTREEWIN-1570

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

It does not change to the global ones. I am on version 1.6.1 of which the updater tells me that it is the most recent.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

Strange, I cannot reproduce this behaviour. If you uncheck the 'use global settings' and re-check it, does the username/e-mail change to the global ones. This is the expected behaviour. If doing this doesn't work for you then it's a bug although I can't reproduce it from here

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

It is just displaying that is wrong. The commit has the good username and email address. This is on Mac.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

Does it show your old e-mail/username when you make a commit, though? It might be just that we're displaying what was previously set in the local. Also, is this for Windows or Mac?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events