Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent Sourcetree from switching back to Generic Account on optional extended integration.

Ken Gopert Gerada November 7, 2019

I'm having a problem regarding a red exclamation point on the Remote Icon on the upper right part of Sourcetree, it the prevents push/pull functions.

The usual remedy for this is to stop using the generic account and choose my actual remote account instead. 

But the problem is that Sourcetree reverts to using the generic account after a few hours or so, causing me to do the fix again.

I'd like to find a way to resolve this issue.

Using version 3.3.4.3796

13 answers

10 votes
Giacinto Marcellino February 14, 2020

it's insane the amount of annoying bugs they are introducing at every version, it's really bad right now a pain to use this.

8 votes
Sarah Bailey February 12, 2020

Same problem exists in 3.3.8. Is Atlassian going to fix this bug?

5 votes
JaredHonda February 24, 2020

Still happening today on 3.3.8. Really slows us down, this needs to be fixed asap.

5 votes
Maik Nowack December 13, 2019

Same problem.

Using version 3.3.4.3796

Co-Worker uses 3.2.6 -> no Problem

Pedro Mota January 13, 2020

the best idea is to downgrade the app :\

Like Daniel S. likes this
3 votes
Bertrand Gollion December 6, 2019

Resolved by uninstall and install 3.2.6

Nicklim89 April 13, 2020

This worked for me

Like # people like this
AdvAppSw May 11, 2020

I finally downgraded back to 3.2.6 again.  Thanks for the tip.

Like Rodrigo Hernangómez likes this
2 votes
Levan Kekelidze March 21, 2020

Upgraded today from version 3.3.4 to version 3.3.8 (on Windows 10), the issue is still present.

Also the internal update checker (Tools > Options > Updates > Check For Updates) was not showing that there is a new version 3.3.8 available. Found the new version by visiting the Sourcetree website.

2 votes
Bertrand Gollion December 6, 2019

Same problem.

Using version 3.3.4.

1 vote
Daniel S. April 29, 2020

As several persons have already suggested in this post I uninstalled Sourcetree 3.3.8 and installed 3.2.6 instead. Using Windows, don't know about other OS's.

Now I don't have that problem any longer.

Hopefully the people at SourceTree will fix this issue so I can upgrade to a current version again.

1 vote
Levan Kekelidze December 4, 2019

Yes, this is really annoying.

Setting the default account in the "Tools > Options > Authentication" doesn't help.

0 votes
night815 April 14, 2021

This appears to be fixed with version 3.4.3 (3.4.4 is out as of this post).

From Release Notes:

• Fixed Optional integration settings not being saved

source: https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/ReleaseNotes_3.4.3.html

Daniel S. April 14, 2021

Did you try this with 3.4.3?

Looking at the release notes I don't see it mentioned anywhere unless this is part of "Fixed Optional integration settings not being saved".

The fix "Fixed Launch ssh agent option in Tools not doing any operation" does not apply since my Pageant (SSH Agent) is launched all the time

Just want to know before I upgrade since I don't want to have to downgrade again. :)

0 votes
Jiman Ryu August 17, 2020

Did Windows ver. 3.3.9 fix this issue?

Itamar Kerbel August 17, 2020

Sadly no...

0 votes
Dean Smith July 16, 2020

I also found the following steps useful in removing the dreaded Remote Exclamation Mark.

1. Ensure to un-stage files to apply fix.

2. Delete all git, hg and sourcetree credentials in Windows > Credential Manager.

3. In SourceTree go to Tools > Options > Authentication and reauthorise your token with Bitbucket.

4. In Sourcetree, for each repository click in the toolbar:

• Repository > Click the origin path > Click >Change Account from Generic to your Atlassian Account // In the question description but just being consistent :)

Gary Eden October 19, 2020

Spent half an hour doing this and it didn't work for me. I was really hopeful, as this is one of the most irritating faults with this product.

0 votes
René_Landzaat May 14, 2020

Being new to Sourcetree, my first thought was,, that I made a mistake in the configuration. Sort of happy now to see, that it wasn't me but Sourcetree. I would even be happier when this gets fixed of course.

ottovanverseveld May 20, 2020

I've been fortunate to start using SourceTree for the first time on MacOS.
It worked pretty good: however the Windows-versions seem to be bug-infested, mediocre and unstable! Luckily there are better alternatives for Windows-OS (e.g. GitExtensions)
IMHO it seems that Atlassian is giving less attention to making a good Windows-tool and they really should be ashamed of wasting developer time with such an amateuristic tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events