How to perform git svn rebase in SourceTree?

Robert Dailey January 6, 2014

I'm using SourceTree version 1.3.3 and am using it on a git-svn repository. I have checked in some local changes to my 'trunk' checkout, and since then the remote 'trunk' has obtained more commits. I want to rebase my 'trunk' onto the 'remotes/trunk', but I don't know how to do this in SourceTree. The command on command line is 'git svn rebase'. Can I do this through SourceTree?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

git-svn support has been implemented for SourceTree for Windows 1.4, which will be released later this month. SourceTree for Mac has 2 years of extra development time over SourceTree for Windows, so it's still catching up feature wise.

0 votes
Mateusz Loskot February 4, 2014

Once you update to SourceTree 1.4.1+, just hit the Pull button and it will automatically recognise the working copy is based on Subversion and it will perform git svn rebase.

0 votes
kgleason January 6, 2014

bummer. As I said, I'm new, so I wouldn't despair based on my reposnse.

0 votes
kgleason January 6, 2014

Well I'm realtively new to the Atlassian ecosystem, so I'm not sure that I'm qualified to discuss the number of shits.

Is 1.3 the newest SourceTree for windows?

I believe so.

0 votes
kgleason January 6, 2014

In the repository menu, there is an Interaactive Rebase item. At least in OS X with source tree 1.8

I don't see that in the Windows version. I guess Atlassian doesn't give 2 shits about MS Windows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events