Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to go back to an earlier version?

I don't get how to revert changes I made.  My project stopped working so I want to go back to yesterday's version.  I found yesterday's commit in the history and tried both 'checkout' and 'reset master to this commit', but it seemed to leave the files I made today and it still shows unsaved changes.  Is that the way it's supposed to work?  How do I just make it ERASE everything I have now and reload the project from yesterday?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team May 09, 2019

Hello! You should be able to do this by clicking "Discard" and selecting "Reset All". That should remove all pending file changes assuming you have not commited anything on your current branch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

78,952 views 134 29
Read article

Atlassian Community Events