Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to fully reset a corrupted git submodule in SourceTree ?

First off, I am not using command line git at all. I am only using SourceTree's gui interface. I would prefer to solve my problem this way; if possible.

Somehow, my submodule has become corrupted. Attempting to fetch or pull gives me the following error:

source tree error.PNG

I haven't found any answers for this particular problem. I am fortunate in that my remote master is ok, 100% up to date, and I have no local changes. So, I think the easiest way will be to just fully reset my local submodule.

However, I can't figure out how to do so.

I considered trying to remove my submodule and then re add it. However, I have had problems with that in the past, and so am gun shy.

I found handfuls of posts about resetting to a specific commit. However, the SourceTree gui is failing to populate my history because of this error.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

78,721 views 134 29
Read article

Atlassian Community Events