How to force --remote on submodule update

Hello guys,

do you have an idea on how to force a remote option on a submodule update. Cause currently my submodule can be checkout but if someone modify it from its side and push it, from my side it gets nothing :/

in my config all seems good cause the first checkout is good but every next update didn't work 

Thanks in advance guys 

1 answer

1 vote

Hi

We do not currently support that option I'm afraid.

You can double click the submodule in the parent repository, this will open a new tab for the submodule, from there you can do a pull.

Switching back to the parent repository you can then stage/commit the submodule update.

Can a feature request be created for this?  It's common for a submodule to track a branch.  In git command line it's as easy as doing a git submodule update --remote to have the submodules updated to the latest commit on the branch. 

I approve this could be a very useful feature !

Yes, please raise a Feature Request at https://jira.atlassian/com

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

993 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you