Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force Sourcetree to read svn instead of git

Hoang Pham November 24, 2014

Hi,

I have to use svn for a repository in my company, but I also maintain a git version in parallel. I don't use git-svn because the project is very large, it takes days to convert and I interrupted the process.

My question is, how to let Sourcetree manage this directory using svn instead of git, because I already have a different client for git called gitx. and I want sourcetree to manage the project using svn instead of git.

anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

SourceTree only directly supports Git and Mercurial (Hg). If you want to support an SVN repository, you can either:

1) Complete the git-svn conversion process

2) Use an SVN client instead of SourceTree: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/899/best-subversion-client-for-mac-os

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

Disclaimer: You said you use gitx, which based on 15 seconds of research makes it look like you are using Mac. If that is wrong, then your software options are completely different.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events