Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to for dummies. First time using sourcetree and i don't know what i'm doing.

rezartr March 29, 2018

Hello everyone.

Hope you are having a nice day/evening.

As you may have already noticed from the title/question, I need a lot of help in understanding how this works.

Basically, I work as a freelancer and I had a client who needed me to make some changes to a website. Till now, I've only used the old fashioned way and never used before git/bitbucket.

They sent me a link to a repository which I cloned and they gave me access to the online version as the website it's running on WordPress.

My issue here is that I don't know how to make the changes the client asked me to, via SourceTree App. 

Am I supposed just to say what am I going to do "commit", paste changes to file or CSS code or what... :/

Does anybody happen to have a tutorial for dummies like myself so I can start working and make the changes on the client website?

Thank you very much for taking time to read this.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Regards.

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2018

Hi Rezart,

I'd recommend checking the Help menu, we've got a couple resources that will hopefully start you on a path to success. The first is "Getting Git Right", an Atlassian guide about Git in general. The second is "Get Started with Sourcetree" which is dedicated to app basics.

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events