How to fix this GitFlow error

I just installed sourcetree on a new PC and I have cloned my Repository, but when I try to use the GitFlow button I am getting this error:

sh.exe "C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow" init -d
/usr/bin/sh: "C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow": No such file or directory
Completed with errors, see above.

Any Idea how to fix this?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I see, the special character is in your Username. That could definitely be the problem. Git runs in a MinGW terminal, which is a linux emulator, and it may handle special characters like that differently than its windows environment. You might install your own copy of Git in another folder (C:\Program Files or something), and set SourceTree to use System Git instead.

I am going to try that but I think I already did and it kept looking for the git on the users folder

Are you using embedded or system git?

Tools > Options > Git - look in the Git Version box.

I am using embedded Git, My user folder is called "Sócrates Medina" I don't know if the special character may be causing the problem.

If I browse to that folder I can see all the files there.

Any ideas?

When I try to clone my repository I get this error:

Checking out files: 100% (1855/1855), done.
/usr/bin/sh: "C:\Users\Sócrates Medina\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\mingw32/libexec/git-core\git-submodule": No such file or directory
fatal: 'submodule' appears to be a git command, but we were not
able to execute it. Maybe git-submodule is broken?

Completed with errors, see above.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

868 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you