It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to extract MSI from SourceTree 1.10.18.1.exe without Proxy?

Richard Bayer Jan 27, 2017

Hi,

I don't have admin right on my workstation, so I cannot run the regular exe installer.

Up to now, I simply extracted the MSI files from the exe and installed it manually, which worked perfectly.

Now with version 1.10.18.1, when I run "SourceTreeSetup-1.10.18.1.exe /extract" it asks me for a user / password for the Proxy Server. Whatever I enter there, it always comes back with "Authentication Failed". I'm 100% sure there is no typo. It simply does not work.

I wonder why it needs Internet access anyway? For what?

So how can I extract the MSI files or install SourceTree without admin rights?

Rich

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Retelle Jan 27, 2017

I'm in the same boat as you.

The reason the /extract doesn't work is because Atlassian changed installers on us (again) so its an invalid switch.

From what I can tell the executable download from Atlassian now uses the craptasic GitHub Squirrel installer, which is a total fail for Windows enterprise environments as it is a ClickOnce design with no MSI.  It runs as the users context which is a non starter in environments like ours that have whitelisting software.

The MSI just worked.  Can we get that back or get an alternative?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

410 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you