Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export reports from BigPicture

Vinay Poosa February 15, 2021

Hi,

Can someone let me know how to export data and reports from BigPicture JIRA application? I don't find an option to export the data from BP. I want to export resource capacity planning from BP to excel or PDF format. Appreciate your help in this. Thanks. 

3 answers

3 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 15, 2021

Hi @Vinay Poosa

You can export data from every BigPicture module with BigTemplate. Available formats are pdf, xlsx, and additionally MPP and CSV for the Gantt module. Once it’s done, it’s ready to distribute, print, send over e-mail or instant messaging. Here you can find more information. 
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best,
Anna

Vinay Poosa February 16, 2021

Thanks @Anna-BigPicture . But I need to pay additional $1000 for BigTemplate which we are not looking for. Any other alternate way to export from the BigPicture app itself or any free app to do that? Thanks.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Vinay Poosa

For this moment, BigTemplate is the only possibility to export data.
I would be grateful if you write why you want to export data. Is there any particular feature that you are missing? If yes, I am deeply interested in your feedback.

Shahid Mohammad July 20, 2022

i need to export the main dasboard of BP as excel or sv

like the one displayed in this article at the center

https://bigpicture.one/bigpicture-pros-and-cons/

Franck Grimonpont June 1, 2023

@Anna-BigPictureI agree with @Shahid Mohammad , we need to be able to output the status of a table at any given time to provide feedback to our managers. Just for example : Time tracking at the end of a sprint. If the sprint is closed in JIRA, unfinished tasks disappear, making it impossible to analyze them with bigPicture. Export (xls, pdf, etc.) allows you to freeze the status of a project at a given moment.

Like Torbica Stefan (Bz) likes this
2 votes
Jamale February 17, 2021

Hey, @Vinay Poosa . At "Old Street" we've created a solution that might be of some interest to what you're looking for with our add-on called Custom Charts. It gives you the ability to export data directly from a dashboard to PDF, PNG, and CSV.

Check out our interactive playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/jira-reporting-playground. Let me know if you have any questions.

I've also added some documentation for you to view over. https://ossapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CCFJ/pages/1019052416/Export+-+PNG+PDF+CSV.

0 votes
Deleted user February 17, 2021

@Vinay Poosa Hi, can I ask you why you want to export data in EXCEL or PDF ? What don't you like about the resource management function that is already very good in BigPicture ? Do you have any particular need ? Maybe you can solve it by using a different plugin, which reads Jira's data, for example https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220925/custom-charts-for-Jira-reports 

Vinay Poosa February 24, 2021

@[deleted] 1st, I want to analyze the data for the plan vs actuals. 2nd, I want to export the data and integrate it with my other BI system to create a larger dashboard where I pull the data from few other systems and create a consolidated dashboard for making better decisions. 3rd, I want to see a high-level view of the capacity, meaning total % of available capacity, total % of allocations, total % of bench capacity available for the future weeks. 

If these are all possible with the BigPicture itself, please help me with the detailed steps in achieving it.

Please note that, as mentioned above, we are not willing to go for any other paid plugins to get this done. Thanks.

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
February 25, 2021

Hi @Vinay Poosa

Thank you for the detailed explanation. BigPicture is evolving towards an “umbrella” portfolio management app. Hence, it will integrate more and more with popular issue trackers/task management software. At the moment, BigPicture can source tasks from Trello and exchange information with Atlassian plugins, such as Tempo, Portfolio for Jira, and even ScriptRunner. Sockets for Azure DevOps Server, as well as for many instances of Jira Cloud/Server, will follow. Also note, that BigPicture has an API so that you can design your custom app-to-app bridges.

Could you please share with me your opinion on which tool we should also integrate with? I am deeply interested in your feedback. I hope that in the future, BigPicture became the main BI tool.

Regarding analyzing the plan vs. actuals data, you can set Baselines and track deviations from your initial schedule. 

The Baselines can be synchronized with Jira, and the synced fields can be added to Column views or as fields to the Task / Risk Cards.

The Baselines are displayed as bold lines, showing the position of the task at the moment of creating the Baseline. See my image as a reference.

image (81).png

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user March 1, 2021

@Vinay Poosa 

As you saw in @Anna-BigPicture 's answer, BigPicture already has very powerful features inside. My advice is not to leave Jira and BigPicture, but keep the data inside the working environment. Otherwise you lose the power of "synchronized", real-time data.

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events