How to disable opening my home folder at startup?

Every time I start Sourcetree it opens a tab for my home folder. This tab requires 10 seconds to load (and my system disk is a SSD and everything is in the file cache!). 

During that time SourceTree is nearly unusable.

If I close the tab and restart SourceTree the home folder tab is there again.

How to I permanently disable this annoying home folder tab!?

BTW: Opening the home folder (not the document folder) is totally useless on Windows. 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jan Peter, is it possible that your Home directory became a repository by mistake?

To check this, go to your home directory and check if there's a ".git" folder (it will be hidden). You just need to delete the .git folder and Home shouldn't show up in Sourcetree anymore. 

Let us know if this fixed your issue!

Regards,

Ana

This widget could not be displayed.

No there is no .git folder in my home directory (all hidden and system files are shown). Only a .hg directory but that only contains the global "hgrc" file, "sourcetreeconfig" and "thgstatus".

Anyway from my perspective this looks like a hard-coded behavior as it is opened every time even if I close the tab before restarting Sourcetree.

Anyway I am not satisfied with Sourcetree. It often hangs, shows the waiting spinner or similar problems so that I have to kill the Sourcetree process. It looks like Sourcetree has severe problems with Windows 10 and/or .Net 4.7 or my system config.

Additionally it has problems with the git authentication (putty key) which works perfectly in command-line git as well as TortoiseGit. As I only need Sourcetree for Git this is a big problem (for HG TortoiseHg is way better than SourceTree - faster and easier to use). 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

877 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you