How to clone in Sourcetree??

I can't figure out how to clone a project from git in sourcetree on Mac OS X Lion.

A simple terminal command like: git clone https://github.com/facebook/facebook-android-sdk/

Can't find a toolbar-Button or anything to clone in SourceTree, so I had to fall back to shitty terminal :-(

Is this so difficult to add basic commands that are visible to users to make life easier - a simple toolbar button to clone? Basic functionality...either missing or impossible to find... idk

Please help me if this functionality is in SourceTree and where to find it. Thank you :-)

regards

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

On the first occuring window ("Bookmarks") select the left most toolbar button. Or use Cmd+N (aka File > New).

This widget could not be displayed.

Two other options in addition to this:

1. You can drag & drop a URL from the browser either onto the dock icon, or into a specific location in the Bookmarks window.
  2. You can configure your GitHub account in SourceTree's Hosted Projects (View > Show Hosted Repositories) and pick any projects you own or follow on GitHub (or Bitbucket, Stash and Kiln).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

878 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you