It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change the installation language of Source Tree?

Source Tree installation picked up system default language. I want to change from Portuguese to English. How do I do it?

2 answers

Hello Fernando,

You can change the language following this steps:

Tools > Options > General tab. There's a "Misc" section with a "Language" drop-down.

Best Regards,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

Hi Lucas,

There is a "Misc" section ("Divers" in french) but no language drop down here.

Capture.PNG

There are some language drop downs in "Repo settings" and "Commit setting", but they are both already set to "english" and the UI is still in french.

Moreover, the default installation should be in english because there is no proper translation for words like "commit", "pull", "fetch", "push", ... they are just keywords with specific SCM meaning behind them.

Like qsgigi likes this

Hello,

I have met the same problem on Windows Version 2.1.2.5. My system language is French.

To revert the language in English you make repo settings language to English and restart. 

Like Hala Albarsha likes this

Tools > Options > General tab > not Misc, but Repo Settings -> Language. Yeah, It's strange, but changing language there from Russian to English and restarting the app solved the problem - the interface language switched to English.

Like # people like this

Just to stress out @Emil Vakhitov 's tip: not Misc, but, oddly, Repo Settings. That will change the app language.

Like qsgigi likes this

Thanks people this worked for me too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,999 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you