How to change the installation language of Source Tree?

Source Tree installation picked up system default language. I want to change from Portuguese to English. How do I do it?

1 answer

Hello Fernando,

You can change the language following this steps:

Tools > Options > General tab. There's a "Misc" section with a "Language" drop-down.

Best Regards,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

Hi Lucas,

There is a "Misc" section ("Divers" in french) but no language drop down here.

Capture.PNG

There are some language drop downs in "Repo settings" and "Commit setting", but they are both already set to "english" and the UI is still in french.

Moreover, the default installation should be in english because there is no proper translation for words like "commit", "pull", "fetch", "push", ... they are just keywords with specific SCM meaning behind them.

Hello,

I have met the same problem on Windows Version 2.1.2.5. My system language is French.

To revert the language in English you make repo settings language to English and restart. 

Tools > Options > General tab > not Misc, but Repo Settings -> Language. Yeah, It's strange, but changing language there from Russian to English and restarting the app solved the problem - the interface language switched to English.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

248 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot