Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the installation language of Source Tree?

biofsoares August 2, 2016

Source Tree installation picked up system default language. I want to change from Portuguese to English. How do I do it?

2 answers

1 vote
Lucas Simon August 2, 2016

Hello Fernando,

You can change the language following this steps:

Tools > Options > General tab. There's a "Misc" section with a "Language" drop-down.

Best Regards,

Lucas Simon
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian

Tristan107 May 24, 2017

Hi Lucas,

There is a "Misc" section ("Divers" in french) but no language drop down here.

Capture.PNG

There are some language drop downs in "Repo settings" and "Commit setting", but they are both already set to "english" and the UI is still in french.

Moreover, the default installation should be in english because there is no proper translation for words like "commit", "pull", "fetch", "push", ... they are just keywords with specific SCM meaning behind them.

Like qsgigi likes this
ke_shen July 5, 2017

Hello,

I have met the same problem on Windows Version 2.1.2.5. My system language is French.

To revert the language in English you make repo settings language to English and restart. 

Like Hala Albarsha likes this
Emil Vakhitov November 16, 2017

Tools > Options > General tab > not Misc, but Repo Settings -> Language. Yeah, It's strange, but changing language there from Russian to English and restarting the app solved the problem - the interface language switched to English.

Like # people like this
Simon Parent April 9, 2018

Thanks! 

Sacha Bejaud August 30, 2018

Thanks!

ericrguimaraes July 25, 2019

Just to stress out @Emil Vakhitov 's tip: not Misc, but, oddly, Repo Settings. That will change the app language.

Like qsgigi likes this
0 votes
Roberto Lambiase April 24, 2019

Thanks people this worked for me too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events