Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically stage files.

skvery May 17, 2017

A version ago the files that changed were staged automatically.  This is not so any more.

I also cannot find the checkbox next to "Unstaged files" mentioned for earlier versions.

Please assist me to autostage files.

3 answers

3 votes
RobBaartwijk May 8, 2018

I had the same problem with SourceTree on a MacBook.

Solution : At the top of the bottom window(the one that displays the staged files) you will find a select drop down icon. Click this icon and select 'No staging'.

Problem solved.

sparkso August 21, 2019

This solved it. But now i don't see unstaged files.

Jonathan Fallert October 7, 2019

In the "No staging" view, you simply skip that step. It will commit all changed files unless you stash them first.

yiixiann July 13, 2023

It works.

Tks

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2017

Hi! In SourceTree for Windows, files were not staged automatically, it was always a manual process. Maybe you are confused between the 'No Staging view' and the 'Split view' (where you can drag & drop files)? If you're in the current Windows version, you can use Shift+Ctrl+C to stage all unstaged files at once, is that the option you were looking for?

Regarding the checkboxes, there's a feature request to bring them back and you can find it at SRCTREEWIN-7260. You can vote for it, add a comment or watch it to receive further updates.

Hope this helps :)

Ana

Deleted user December 27, 2018

I have opposite problem, git will automatically mark files I add or modify as staged along with many many files from my solution I have not touched at all.  It will also show files I modified or added in Unstaged area.

This results into multiple problems:

1. Files I have not even touched in any way are now showing as staged in SourceTree or on terminal as a reslult of git status
  2. Files I added or modified are now showing in both staged and unstaged area
0 votes
Karmalakas June 19, 2017

I have a reverse problem. Every time I open a commit window, all the files are staged automatically and that's a big NO, because even conflicted files are staged and there's no way to resolve them using external app. How can I turn this off? This happens with v. 2.1.2.5 Win10 x64

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events