Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an Azure DevOps GIT remote repository

Allen Ashe January 2, 2019

We have our central repository in the azure cloud (dev.azure.com/.....)  I downloaded SourceTree 3.0.12 and when I try to add a remote repository the "Hosting Service" shows a number of BitBucket, GitHub selections and one Visual Studio selection but nothing for Azure.   I've tried a number of the ones that allow entering a URL but they keep failing to login.  Usually it comes back with user/email was not found.

I'm trying to login with my PAT that I created in Azure.

Which of the Hosting Service should I select and what login credentials should I be using?

3 answers

1 vote
edgariscoding May 3, 2019

Seems like adding a hosting account from Azure DevOps is broken. It fails to authenticate despite creating a PAT with full access.

Kevin Herrera May 3, 2019

same here. every so often I attempt to connect it to see if its been fixed, but not yet.

0 votes
dfinandrew March 14, 2019

I'm having the same issue. I can only clone the project through visual studio, and only after I manually went into the certificates and copy pasted my own into the file.

I get the error:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks fetch origin
fatal: unable to access 'https://work.visualstudio.com/Venue/_git/reponame/': SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
Completed with errors, see above.

I can't use any type of logging in method, SSL Username, anything. I even added the certificate to the root certificates (which also doesn't work with visual studio). Why is Azure DevOps so difficult to work with in sourcetree?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

HI Allen!

Have you tried the VSTS option? When you click there, you'll also find a link with extra help in case you need assistance creating a new PAT, for example.

Let us know if that helped you!

Cheers,

Ana

Allen Ashe January 3, 2019

I tried the VSTS option also with no luck.  What finally worked (sort of) was I used GIT Bash to clone the remote repository to my local and then added the local repository to SourceTree.   

The one thing not working is when you click on the "Remote" button in the tool bar. It wants me add a host type, host root url, and username.  I tried several different settings but I just get a blank browser page for everything I have tried.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events