Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to Remove Keys from SourceTree SSH Agent

Edited

I am using SourceTree on Windows.  I have SSH keys to validate the server connection.  So, when I start Sourcetree it launches the SSH Agent which then asks me for the passwords for each key. That is fine.

However, while I can see an option in SourceTree to "Add SSH Key" I cannot see how to remove one.  My actual problem is that, due to a misleading error message, I re-added the key and it now has the same key multiple times and asks for too many passwords at start-up!  But, more generally, i would like to be able to list and remove keys from the SSH agent.

I have tried using command line ssh-add but it says

Error connecting to agent: No such file or directory

(Tried this both with windows CMD shell and in the Git bash terminal that SourceTree launches)

I see a running ssh-agent.exe process in Task Manager when SourceTree is running - in the Details tab. But in the Services tab it says the service is stopped. So, I guess SourceTree has started it but how do I connect to it? Alternatively, how to tell SourceTree not to start it's own but use the Windows Service?

I am using the OpenSSH SSH client (in SourceTree options)

If anyone here can help then great.  But given no response (and given that SourceTree is managing the SSH Agent and adding the keys so should support removing them) I also logged a bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-13736

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

61,883 views 127 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you