How to Change my user ID & pwd in sourcetree.

hi OP team,

There we meet an issue about how to change our user infor for 1 connection.

For SVN, there have a opption setting->save information->user information. via this, we can clear our user infor, when we do check out,commit,etc.. There will pop a window need we to input our user id, and pwd. via this we can change our use id and pwd.

Please kindly guide us how to change the user id and pwd on sourcetree tools. we really need this.it's urgent. please relay ASAP.

Regards

Thanks

Chen.

2 answers

Sourcetree is just a wrapper tool around your actual versioning system (git or mercurial). So, you can always login to your git/mercurial server and change your user options there.

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Oct 04, 2013

If you're wanting to update the username and/or password for the hosted repositories:

1. Open the Hosted Repositories window by clicking View > Show Hosted Repositories or Command + Shift + H.
  2. Click Edit Accounts
  3. Double-click on the account to update
  4. Make the necessary changes

which version of source tree you are referring as in 2.3.1.0 this option is not showing.

sourcetree.png

I need this option. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.. 

Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Monday

On Windows, you can edit the accounts by going to Tools > Options and clicking on the Authentication tab. From there, you can add or edit the accounts.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

798 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you