Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I specify my bitbucket account? The help says there is a gear icon, but not in my version?

steve March 14, 2018

I am using Sourcetree 2.4.7.0.  I am trying to follow the on-line help that says click on the gear icon.  I do not appear to have a gear icon in this version of Sourcetree.  Sounds like this online help was written for an earlier version of Sourcetree.  Here is what it says:

"To add repositories to Sourcetree, log in with your Bitbucket or Github account. You can add multiple accounts to Sourcetree. 

1. Click the gear icon and select Accounts."

1 answer

0 votes
steve March 14, 2018

Here is what I found.  When I open a new tab in Sourcetree, the gear icon goes away.  When I go to my first tab, it comes back.  I think this needs to be mentioned in the online help, unless it is a bug that should be fixed.  However, the on-line help is still wrong in saying "Click on the gear icon and select Accounts".  Accounts is not an available selection.  I was able to get a repository cloned, but I had to click on Add and fill in several fields in the dialog window, which took some trial and error. Here is my

Request: Please rewrite the online help for Getting Started with Sourcetree.

steve March 16, 2018

I got an email asking if the above reply is an "answer".  No, it is not.  It explains part of the issue of the gear icon, but it does not answer the question of how to specify my bitbucket account and it raises the new issue that the online help is incorrect about "select Accounts" and the issue that the gear icon goes away when I open a new tab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events