Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show/hide and specifically rename bookmarks in SourceTree?

Deleted user December 26, 2014

I'm enjoying SourceTree 1.6.12.0 on Windows 7.

Recently I discovered I don't know how to rename tabs. I like to keep them organised.
It seems this functionality used to be there in the past, but since the new UI shows tabs at the top, right-clicking them does not give a context menu. I learnt that renaming a bookmark should boil down to the same thing, but View > Show/Hide Bookmarks doesn't do anything. So that's two problems already.

Who knows a solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 30, 2014

Solution: Try to slide left border to the right. If no luck: Ctrl+B and try again. This did the trick for me.

Discussion: Too bad there is no visual clue indicating if the left of the left-most tab has a draggable edge. Would be great if "Show/hide bookmarks" gave a clue when the bookmarks are 0px wide.

Gerrit Brouwer May 2, 2016

Agree. It would have saved me quite some time if the CTRL+B option would have reset the 0px wide bookmarks pane to some size visible to the end user.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2014

Weird. Works for me as I am on the same version. Tried restarting and reinstalling? :|

Deleted user December 29, 2014

Timothy, thanks for the reply.
I did try reinstalling just now, but without luck.
Could you tell me what it's supposed to do? 

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

On http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ the fourth screenshot (as of 2014-12-29) shows the bookmarks panel on the left side. Do you see anything like that in your interface?

Deleted user December 30, 2014

Hi Seth, thanks for your reply. After taking a look at the screenshot I felt I should try (again) if I could maybe slide the left border of the most left tab to the right to reveal a bookmarks window with 0 width. Previously this did not work, but I suspect it was hidden at that point, which also blocks sliding the left border. Now it did! Solution in short: try to slide left border to the right. If no luck: Ctrl+B and try again. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events