How do I show/hide and specifically rename bookmarks in SourceTree?

I'm enjoying SourceTree 1.6.12.0 on Windows 7.

Recently I discovered I don't know how to rename tabs. I like to keep them organised.
It seems this functionality used to be there in the past, but since the new UI shows tabs at the top, right-clicking them does not give a context menu. I learnt that renaming a bookmark should boil down to the same thing, but View > Show/Hide Bookmarks doesn't do anything. So that's two problems already.

Who knows a solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Solution: Try to slide left border to the right. If no luck: Ctrl+B and try again. This did the trick for me.

Discussion: Too bad there is no visual clue indicating if the left of the left-most tab has a draggable edge. Would be great if "Show/hide bookmarks" gave a clue when the bookmarks are 0px wide.

Agree. It would have saved me quite some time if the CTRL+B option would have reset the 0px wide bookmarks pane to some size visible to the end user.

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion Dec 27, 2014

Weird. Works for me as I am on the same version. Tried restarting and reinstalling? :|

Timothy, thanks for the reply.
I did try reinstalling just now, but without luck.
Could you tell me what it's supposed to do? 

On http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ the fourth screenshot (as of 2014-12-29) shows the bookmarks panel on the left side. Do you see anything like that in your interface?

Hi Seth, thanks for your reply. After taking a look at the screenshot I felt I should try (again) if I could maybe slide the left border of the most left tab to the right to reveal a bookmarks window with 0 width. Previously this did not work, but I suspect it was hidden at that point, which also blocks sliding the left border. Now it did! Solution in short: try to slide left border to the right. If no luck: Ctrl+B and try again. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

733 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you