How do I select/deselect files to commit with the keyboard?

plundberg March 20, 2013

Hi,

Previously (and currently) using the TortoiseHg client for Windows, which is my past experience with Hg. In that client, you can go through your list of files before commiting and press the Space key to select which ones to commit.

In SourceTree, I don't seem to find the keyboard shortcut for this. It is just me or is this function not supported?

(I tend to prefer by working with keyboard rather than mouse as much as possible.)

2 answers

1 vote
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

If you're working in 'staging' mode (the default) you can stage files for the next commit by pressing Ctrl-Shift-+ (combine with shift-keyboard or ctrl-a to do many at once)

plundberg March 21, 2013

Thanks Steve. However, as my question subtly implied, I am not using Git - our repos are using Mercurial. Is there any way to do the same thing when working in Mercurial mode?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Ah, sorry when you mentioned Windows I immediately thought our Windows port (which is git only for the moment). At the moment you change the checkbox state via the keyboard, sorry.

0 votes
Oliver Crow May 14, 2015

On the Mac the shortcuts are:

Command-Shift-+ (plus): stage selected files for commit (use the '+' key above '=', not the numeric keypad '+')
Command-Shift--  (minus): un-stage selected staged files

These work in the log view and the file status (commit) view.

There are also shortcuts for selecting files:

Command-A: select all files
Up arrow, Down arrow, space bar: move to and select files

Unfortunately the keys for selecting files only work if the keyboard focus is on the files pane. I can't figure out a way to put focus on that pane from the keyboard. So close! Urgh.

Andre Gambaro October 10, 2019

There could be a way to focus on that pane (files ot staged) and also switch to other panes... nothing seem sto work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events