Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I permanently remove very long commit message while trying to resolve conflicts?

Matt Fair January 24, 2019

When I do a very large merge the commit message lists every file being merged.  This message becomes so large that you can't see the stage/unstage file frames and can NOT scroll the window.  The only work-around is to highlight the entire commit message and remove it... this makes the stage/unstage frames accessible.  BUT, once you perform some other operation (say, try to resolve conflicts on some files), the very large commit message returns.  And this causes the stage/unstage frames to disappear.  This happens EVERY time and is very frustrating and unproductive.  I need help on this ASAP!!! Otherwise, this will literally take me hours to do a merge.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Hi

We have a fix in the pipeline for the very large textbox obscuring the file listing. It should be coming in 3.1.

I've created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-11299 to cover this, because I thin we still need to investigate the re-occurance of the message after you've edited it.

Matt Fair January 28, 2019

I'm looking forward to the fix in v3.1.  Thank you for opening another JIRA defect for the reoccurring message after its been edited.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events