Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manage two versions of source tree on my system?

Deleted user October 15, 2018

I have the latest version of SourceTree on my system but I needed to use tree view to work on and manage a series of projects at the same time. So I downloaded 1.9 version to do that. However, when I want to double check and verify info in the latest version, double clicking the exe or shortcut for SourceTree does not launch the new version. I am only able to launch the 1.9 version. How do I successfully separate these so that the exe launches its appropriate version?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hi

I'd create manual shortcuts to the two executables. However be aware you wont be able to run both instances at the same time.

They share a mutex identity with the OS, this is what allows the Clone in Sourcetree functionality in the Bitbucket web pages to open your running instance, it essentially runs a second copy that looks for the first instance and passes off the request to it.

You could install the latest beta copy, as this has a different identity and can be run in parallel with the GA version.

Deleted user October 26, 2018

Thanks. As it is now, I've been trying to use two separate executables. When I use the shortcut for the latest version, the splash screen appears as if it is getting ready to launch and yet nothing happens. Going directly into my install folder and using the executable has not been fruitful either. I'm not sure what the issue is with that.

I'll consider using the latest beta copy as well. If I can't get them launching separately I guess I'll have to uninstall the latest copy and just use the older version of sourcetree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events