Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get push and pull notifications to display?

Jennifer Davies June 13, 2019

Sourcetree 3.2 on Mac

I've just installed Sourcetree and am trying to get notifications (the little red numbers by branch names/commit/push/pull) to display. It works for a co-worker but not for me. We compared all settings, made sure it checked remotes every 1 minute, refresh automatically. All our settings are the same but it just won't work. Help!

2 answers

1 vote
Jennifer Davies June 14, 2019

Hi @bgannin and thanks for answering.

I've compared all settings to the coworker for whom it works fine. There are only two differences that I know of:

- She cloned from Sourcetree. I was unable to and cloned from the command line and then got sourcetree to recognize it.

-In preferences > Accounts she has basic and I have Oauth (because we had all sorts of authentication issues and that is just how it somehow showed up).

All other settings seem to be the same. Do you think I should delete my workspace and reclone from Sourcetree?

Thanks...jen

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2019

Cloning in Sourcetree does automatically configure your remotes for you or you can edit to match and should be good to go. Basic versus OAuth is primarily for API interactions with your hosting service (listing remote repositories, creating PRs)

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hi @Jennifer Davies,

The "commit count" is shown when there are modified files in the local working copy. The sidebar's counts can't be hidden (it's not that) but are driven by what values it gets from the remote server in comparison to the current.

Is the remote properly configured for the repository? That's in Repository Settings and would be my first stop. Does it happen if you clone from within Sourcetree? Thanks for your patience.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events