How do I do a full uninstall of SourceTree in windows 10

How do I do a full uninstall of SourceTree in windows 10?

A simple uninstall through Control Panel leaves all the information I want to get rid off. When the program is reinstalled, all the bookmarks, repos, etc reappear.

As I am working on Windows 10, the location of the source tree files referred in other posts do not apply. 

1 answer

Use the Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" tool, just like with any other legitimate software that you might install in Windows.

No. A simple uninstall through Control Panel leaves all the information I want to get rid off. When the program is reinstalled, all the bookmarks, repos, etc reappear. As I am working on Windows 10, the location of the source tree files referred in other posts do not apply. The answer given by Arlassian is very disappointing. 

I'm not Atlassian, I'm just another user trying to help. Maybe if you'd been more clear in your original question about what you mean by "full uninstall" my original answer could have been more helpful.

If you want the software uninstallation to delete your local repositories, I don't think that can happen. That's a significant amount of data destruction, and that data is completely legitimate without SourceTree. If you want the bookmark settings to be removed along with SourceTree, that's reasonable, but I'm not about to go uninstalling my own SourceTree to see if that happens.

Fixed your original question for you.

I have the same problem.  I finally figured out that the uninstall deletes most of the things from %localappdata%/SourceTree, but doesn't delete anything out of %localappdata%/Atlassian.  If you remove that last folder, then the reinstall goes through the install wizard again instead of just magically reopening SourceTree

Alright I got it working, I used ccleaner. Uninstalling from control panel takes while. I used CCleaner to flush this software out. I was able to install the latest version now. 

I hate software from developers unable to create proper un-/installers!!! Shame on YOU!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

561 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you