How do I decrease row height in history view?

Martin G December 1, 2017

SourceTree 2.7 - Major Release:

"Increased font size and row height for sidebar and commit graphs"

I would like to decrease the row height, how though?

8 answers

7 votes
Anton Jonsson December 1, 2017

I totally agree with the above. What (the f*) are you doing Atlassian!?

At least make it possible to decide for oneself as this really mess up my flow.

John Yeates December 1, 2017

Agreed — I use the history view to actually see what the history of the repo is, not just the last few changes.

Did anybody actually ask the users what they wanted, or did some designer just decide to go with what looked prettier to them?

2 votes
fuwaneko December 3, 2017

Same here. I want previous version font size and row height. Plus what is wrong with labels? Vertical align is incorrect and they look ugly.

I don't care about BitBucket CI status, I get it's your software, promotion, etc, etc. But breaking core things is not the best idea.

0 votes
Nate Cook March 19, 2018

Hello all, please vote on this related JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-5154

0 votes
XmattX February 21, 2018

Yup, agreed, please let us set these things. This is just bad UX, at least for the use case of using the History view for viewing the history.

0 votes
Deleted user February 4, 2018

Same, totally agree! Please make a compact view at least an option.

0 votes
beeble42 December 7, 2017

Yes. Revert the row size or make it a preference for those who want to view repo history in the history view versus the last few commits. For those of us on small screen, we can't make the history pane huge. We need density, not empty space. There wasn't a whitespace problem before. But now there is.

0 votes
axsann December 6, 2017

I want to revert font size...

0 votes
David Rosen December 4, 2017

Though I generally I agree that whitespace can make for a cleaner appearance, information density is more important when it comes to a tool like SourceTree.

The update from build 142 to 143 (both of which are tagged as version 2.7) seems to have quietly reduced the row height to something more reasonable. I can live with this happy medium, but if I had the option, I'd probably revert to the version 2.6 row height.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events