How do I configure a pull request in source tree?

Chuck Doucette July 28, 2015

2 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2015

Right-click on the branch name, select "Create Pull Request...". This takes you to the web interface where you can provide the details.

EDIT: To add support for this to an existing clone:

• (Open the clone in question in SourceTree)
  • Repository\Repository Settings
  • Edit the properties or the remote where you want to create pull requests
  • Specify the host type and URL, optionally the user
    • Supports Stash, BitBucket and GitHub
Chuck Doucette August 3, 2015

The problem was that I got an error saying I had to configure my repository before that would work.

I didn't know what fields I had to set or what values they should have (base URL, host type?).

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2015

What server are you working with? As far as I know, this functionality only works with Stash.

Chuck Doucette August 4, 2015

github

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2015

It actually does support that, I added instructions to the answer above.

Bradley Corner October 15, 2015

why is github enterprise being blocked? I changed the remoteProjectLink0.baseURL to point to our internal github server. but the client apparently ignores it and continues to send me to github.com.

Morten Schnack January 18, 2017

It seems this doesn't work for locally hosted Bitbucket, because you cannot change the URL from www.bitbucket.com:

image2017-1-19 10:16:35.png

Curtis March 7, 2017

It works with Bitbucket Server. It was formerly named Stash so in SourceTree, select Stash. This will allow you to then put in the URL to where your Stash server is located.

ccyeh0901 July 5, 2017

How about the gitlab server, we setup a gitlab server of our own, every time we create pull request from sourcetree, it popup a message box, saying

"You don't have any remotes which have extended integration settings configured; you need to edit your remotes to add details such as the hosting type and base URL. Click the Settings button to open your remote list."

but, in remote tab of setting box, we shoose "Unknown" in Host Type field, leave Host Root Url blank(because it's not allowed to input), Username using gitlab account username.....

still can't create pull request, can someone help how to setup sourcetree to make "create pull request" work on gitlab ? Thanks^^

Jasen Jacobsen August 4, 2017

Atlassian has decided not to implement Gitlab support.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1845

Like fxalgrain likes this
Deleted user November 3, 2017

@ccyeh0901 because Jira will not provide Gitlab support, I've written a small tool to make life easier. You configured a Sourcetree custom action that opens the Google Chrome browser with a Gitlab merge request.

Packagist - JCID - Gitlab merge request opener

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1845?focusedCommentId=1652520

Like Bernd Waibel likes this
0 votes
Iyappan August 10, 2020

In Aws code commit which host URL and Host type i can give inside of the repo/repo sittings?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events