It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I branch from another branch in SourceTree? Edited

After I clone the repository, I just see master branch. When I click branch it always branches from master. How do I branch from other branches? 

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jun 10, 2019

Hi Raghu,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

When you clone a repository, you will automatically clone it with master as your default branch. You can choose a different branch by clicking Advanced when cloning in Sourcetree.

Git/Sourcetree will always by default create a new branch of from the current branch you are on. You also have the option to branch off of a specific commit.

Source tree lets me branch from a specific branch if i check out to it first. The current branch in Branch dialog could be a list of valid branches under the repository instead of a label of current branch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,907 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you