Lee Whitney July 19, 2013

I don't see any options in the clone dialog to do this:

git clone --branch 3.0.0-wip git://github.com/twitter/bootstrap.git

2 answers

4 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi Lee,

If you're using the Mac version then you can hit the "Advanced Options" pop-out when you specify the repository which will allow you to specify a branch as follows:

If it's for the Windows version then there's also the same concept as shown below:

Hope that helps

Lee Whitney July 21, 2013

On the Mac version, when I click "Advanced" those options are not shown. The arrow turns downward, but nothing is displayed. I'm using 1.6.2.2.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

You need to actually enter a clone URL first. The reason is that the options in the advanced section are different depending on whether the URL points to a Git, Mercurial or Subversion repository.

Lee Whitney July 21, 2013

I already tried entering a url, and SourceTree did prepopulate the dest path, but still no advanced section is available. The url I tried is: git://github.com/twitter/bootstrap.git

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

Hi Lee,

I've just tried this myself with the same URL. Perhaps you're clicking the advanced options before you're entering the URL. The advanced options will only expand out if you click the arrow after you've entered the URL and it has resolved. So once the repository type is shown that's when you can click on it.

Hope that helps

Lee Whitney July 22, 2013

Found the problem: After you enter the URL the Advanced panel will not open until ST pings the URL. Since this can take up to ten seconds, developers can click the Advanced arrow multiple times and the panel will not expand.

Even though a small spinner is displayed, this is actually UI validation bug. Either the Advanced arrow should be disabled until the URL ping is complete, or the panel should be expandable before a server response is received.

Thanks for helping to isolate the problem.

1 vote

Found the problem: After you enter the URL the Advanced panel will not open until ST pings the URL. Since this can take up to ten seconds, developers can click the Advanced arrow multiple times and the panel will not expand.

Even though a small spinner is displayed, this is actually UI validation bug. Either the Advanced arrow should be disabled until the URL ping is complete, or the panel should be expandable before a server response is received.

Thanks for helping to isolate the problem.

I meant to comment on above not create an answer, this can be deleted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events