How can I switch the language from french to english?

David Jeanmonod October 9, 2011

How can I switch the language from french to english?

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2011

WHat language is used is controlled by the system language priority (System Preferences > Language and Text > Re-order list). You can't set it independently of the system preference right now unless you use an alternate launcher like Language Switcher: http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/

David Jeanmonod October 10, 2011

That's a bit desapointed, but at least the LanguageSwitcher soft is easy to use... Thanks at lot for fast reply!

thpfaff February 27, 2014

I'd strongly recommend enabling such an option soon.

I found that many of the translations for VCS commands like commit, push, pull etc. only serve to confuse people. Therefore I like to have my VCS software interface in English, even though I don't want to have all my system in English.

As this shouldn't be that difficult to implement I would also rather not install some additional software to work around this deficiency.

So far I found SourceTree to be one of the best graphical git clients for windows. Keep up the good work - and make the interface language variable, please :-)

Like Johannes Held likes this
ralf_hauber March 22, 2014

I agree with thpfaff.

Andrea Polci August 24, 2014

I also agree with thpfaff. Translations other than english are really awful, the tool is nearly unusable.

Garravich August 28, 2014

This is quite ridiculous. Expecially for as good a project as this. I'm going back to 1.3 because I can't find any workaround working for windows, and the italian translation is so awful I can't even find merge function... and this after messing around language settings for a while, that will surely give some frustrating problems later

China Puriifer November 8, 2021

I am 100% aggree with you i have bit idea about this issue that i have get a detail guidelines about it from the loan against gold

James Maheux September 12, 2014

This was so easy! Thanks a lot!

L Möller September 25, 2014

Thank you! I was getting crazy with the "Zweig" (=Branch) and "Zusammenführen" (=Merge). I mean who needs git in a different language than english? All these action names are made-up terms so a translation is like translating "Sourcetree" to "Quellbaum"

2 votes
hoabu January 17, 2018

Who's the hell this idea. It's drive me crazy, the newest version still not have language option. It's all depend on windows language.

2 votes
ATTOLOU September 25, 2016

Tools>Options and you find Language field in general tab.

Best regards

1 vote
mytutorials August 2, 2016

This is the most stupid feature I've seen : why on earth do you depend on system language preference ? You can be french on windows but just have commit in english.

Worst of all even when setting windows to english as default doesn't make sourcetree switch to english sad

0 votes
Jared Antonenkov December 16, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 10.40.44 AM.png

0 votes
optimax_energy August 19, 2019

same as with office, every patch they move around some settings.

as with Aug. 2019, this option can now be found via Tools -> Options -> General -> Repo Settings -> Language

and not in the Misc part

0 votes
Abdel October 22, 2018

Guys, the question was asked in 2011.

It is 2018!!!

Is there a clear answer to how switch interface language (back to English)?

In other languages all sprint jargon is confusing!

Cannot relate what I am doing to SCRUM metodology $#%&$@(%

---------

Actually, after backing up the database (local) through XML, is it possible to reinstall the product? And in case the data is overritten, resore the XML?

Abdel October 22, 2018

Doesn't work!

The imported data include the system language, so I restored the previous language (french) on top of english (during installation)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events