How can I switch SourceTree back to english?

I have installed SourceTree 1.4.0. today and suddenly everything is in German. Yes I have a German installation of Windows but all my developer stuff is in english and I'd like to have Sourcetree in english as well.

7 answers

1 accepted

I cannot remember which version it was but yes that was fixed in the meantime. In the Menu go to

Tools -> Options

In the window that opens choose the "General" tab, down in the "misc" section (pretty much in the middle of the window) you find the language settings. smile

Thank you for your effort, Peter. I appreciate that. However, I don't want any questionable workaround. This is something which needs to be addressed either as option in the SourcTree app itself or at least in the setup.

I just got an email which tells me I should do something here but none of the suggested actions fits here. So I just bump it. I haven't yet got an answer from the support anyway.

This starts to get annoying! It's the second time I get this mail:

Please consider one of the following actions:

• Accept an answer (click the grey check mark)
  • Answer your own question, then accept your answer (find the 'Answer my own question' link underneath your question)
  • Edit your question for clarification
  • Add a comment for more information from an existing answer
  • Close the question, if it's invalid

Please be a good Answers citizen!

Well I'd like to but I still haven't got an answer!
I don't want to receive any further emails of this kind!

It would be nice if any of the developers comes by and tells us this feature is on the backlog. :(

is there still no solution to this? this was the first google search result!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

668 views 9 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you