It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I search for a certain commit based on message?

This is a bit ridiculous, but I can't seem to find any way of search for a certain commit in my history based on the commit message. I know I did something in the past, and I need to know what it was. I know some of the contents of the commit message, so figured it should be easy to find with a tool like Atlassian SourceTree, but... is there really no search in this tool?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

In SourceTree for Windows, there is a search tab at the bottom of the page (File Status, Log / History, Search). Beside the search box is a dropdown to change whether you search by Commit Messages, File Changes, or Author.

Oh, all the way down there. Hadn't even noticed those tabs were there O.o

Thanks!

OMG, there is now also a Mac search! I had given up and then I found it on the left under the WORKSPACE thingy. Thanks.

Like yildiray mutlu likes this

For more-recent builds it's in the left bar, not actually included in the History view (Sourcetree 3.3.4):

image.png

Like # people like this

I can't believe i missed that in the left-hand side.

Quick-fire Search with Ctrl+3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,955 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you