cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I handle this error?

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

NOTE: I have had SourceTree running in the past, and I have no idea why this error is being thrown;

Application installed (and operating previously); Atlassian Sourcetree 2.6.10.

Error being thrown when the application is launched;

{

This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:

.NETFramework,Version=4.7.1

Do you want to install this .NET Framework version now?
}

When yes is clicked to; Download the .NET Framework 4.7.2 from the provided web page,
the application ( NDP472-KB4054531-Web.exe ) returns the following;

{

Details

.NET Framework 4.7.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

}

1 answer

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

This issue was caused, in my case, by Windows 10 update fly-by-night installations resulting in an update to .NET;

This issue was resolved by changing the .NET Framework version explicitly identified in the C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.6.10\SourceTree.exe.config file;

Modify Line 17: <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1"/>

with v4.7.2 as below;

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2"/>

Moving forward, it may be valuable to add a function, which validates the version being used, and automatically updates itself according to the installed version of .NETFramework; adding 1 to the posterior version and validating again (with a limit of some kind added so that the application doesn't spin into a perpetual loop);
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/versions/

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Likewise a quick logical step could be to check what version is installed (4.7.2), and if greater than expected version (4.7.1), to modify the configuration file; SourceTree.exe.config to the installed version.

This assumes that .NET AND SourceTree are both programmed to be version agnostic internally.

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events