How can I get the error message in SourceTree?

When I'm doing a pull in SourceTree, I get this output:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=manager-st fetch origin

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=manager-st pull origin master
From ***correct link here***
* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD

Updating fe3db425627..9c76893f440
Completed with errors, see above.

I see no error message, and my local repo clearly missing commits on origin, so the pull wasn't succeed. 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Odd.
That information is what git returns when running the command requested by SourceTree.

I would suggest opening the Terminal for the repository in question and try running the same command:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=manager-st fetch origin

then

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=manager-st pull origin master

(Assuming you are on master)

but add the '-v' option for verbose output and see if it tells you anything more.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

860 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you