How can I change the default value in Pull / Pull From Repository?

Brian Krisler August 22, 2012

Hi,

I would like to change the default value in Pull / Pull From Repository. Mine always defaults to 'remotes' and I want 'origin'. I actually can't even do anything when 'remotes' is selected (The OK button is not active).

I have looked all all the parameters and my config file and can find no way to configure this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Krisler October 9, 2012

To solve this problem, I just ignored it and left the extra step in my workflow.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

If there's an 'origin' remote it should automatically be the default. I don't know where 'remotes' is coming from, what does the .git/config file look like inside your repo?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Actually I guess if other repo's work with the same config it probably isn't your Git version. Maybe running 'git remote -v' on the command line in that repo might give a clue?

It is identical (minus the url) of my other config files that work as expected:

[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = true
	bare = false
	logallrefupdates = true
	ignorecase = true
[user]
	name = <my_name>
	email = <my_email>
[remote "origin"]
	url = <my_url>
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2012

Strange, I copied & pasted that config file into a git repo of my own (with a valid URL) and the Push/Pull dialogs pre-select 'origin' as expected (the only item in the list).

Are you using the embedded Git or a custom system Git?

Git remote -v returns what I would expect, and it matches my other valid repos.
No big deal if this is not solvable, just trying to reduce one extra step (selection of origin), from my workflow!

$ git remote -v
origin	<valid_url> (fetch)
origin	<valid_url> (push)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events