How can I address the error message I am receiving below?

Error.png

I have two computers that run SourceTree.  I have been running this configuration for 3 years.  Recently, I have been having issues with SourceTree consistently asking to enter a password. Even when I type it in, the dialog will appear later. I was able to push/pull during this issue, but now one of my computers will not push/pull anymore. I have matching settings on both computers. Is there anyway I can resolve this issue? Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi there is a bug in the support for SSH URLs using username/password credentials rather than keys.

This is addresses in an upcoming release.

please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-8264 for more details

Thanks.  I read that post prior to posting myself, but I wasn't sure if it was the same issue.

I used the work around that Devin Paulsen mentioned in the comments about copying the old version of Putty folder.  I guess this will be my fix until the update.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

992 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you