cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot to install Sourcetree without Bitbucket account

Александр Григорьев
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2019

I don't want use Bitbucket. I want use Sourcetree for local repositary. How can I install software without opening account?

2 answers

2 votes
Alex Walsh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2019

As a returning user of your software - your now needing access to "Read and modify your repositories and their pull requests" is enough for me to no longer use your software. How sad - I really liked it too - perhaps you should have just offered a pay option instead?

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hi

I'm afraid you can't registration is the only step required for you to use the free Sourcetree app.

Jerry Barnes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 8, 2019

Your process is confusing. It sucks!

Why don't you respond to all the people having trouble with it by FIXING IT!

Like Florian Schreiber likes this
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2019

Hi Jerry

Can you elaborate a bit more on which aspects are confusing? The intention is to make it as straightforward a possible, but at the same time registration via Bitbucket is the one requirement for using Sourcetree for free.

SapioiT July 10, 2019

Well, then why does it force be to use bitbucket instead? I mean, I completely unisntalled sourcetree, but tried to install it, for some reason I couldn't push any commits, then I uninstalled, restarted PC, then installed again and I'm stuck while it tries to connect me to Bitbucket, but the localhost link it redirects me to just doesn't work (refused connection). Why not use some other means to connect, than Oauth?

Like Sébastien Batezat likes this
Michal Kubis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 8, 2019

Hey Atlassian, why are you wasting our time with service we don't want? Do you expect to get more users on board? I'm afraid, you will get the opposite.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events