• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Heroku error after update

I updated SourceTree and now the Terminal can not see Heroku.

I can see that Heroku works with cmd.exe but does not work with GitBash/MINGW32.

cmd vs terminal.png

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2018

Hi

I don't use Heroku so apologies if this is stupid question.

You are trying to run a windows .cmd file in Git Bash. I wouldn't expect this to work, but I could be wrong. Has it ever worked? Did you previously use cmd rather than Git Bash as the terminal?

SourceTree opens GitBash and would run heroku cli commands until the most recent update. The cmd version fires the heroku file used by Git Bash, I presume.

It seems like the update has changed either a path or environment variable.

minnsey Atlassian Team Aug 28, 2018

Can you give me an example of the Heroku commands that would be run and what would trigger them?

Sourcetree doesn't know anything about Heroku so are these commands configured against Git?

Hi Michael,

I have opened an issue ticket with Heroku to assist as well.

The first basic test is to check the version of the installed heroku cli toolbelt, which fails.

heroku --version

This has always worked, but after I upgraded from Source Tree 1.9 to the new version, it failed. I rolled back to 1.9 but the damage seems to have been done already and I have done multiple re-installs of Heroku CLI and still no luck, thus me raising the issue here to see if anyone has faced a similar issue.

minnsey Atlassian Team Sep 03, 2018

Thanks for the additional information.

Sourcetree does make changes to the PATH when running Git/Hg commands but these are temporary and do not persist, certainly not between restarts or updates.

Is there any chance its due to a Git change?

From the Heroku logs, it looks like it tried to auto-updated the Heroku CLI and failed.

Not sure if that would make any path change. No Git Change seems to have occurred.

Not sure what to do next as I have been locked out from accessing Heroku at the moment. As mentioned earlier, I have been explaining the same issue to the Heroku support to see if they can assist, but no luck as of yet.

If anything comes to mind, let me know and will give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

3,270 views 19 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you