Has anyone else had issues logging into Atlassian when downloading SourceTree?

Andrea Fox May 10, 2018

I've been trying to download Source Tree for months now and I can never get past the Atlassian log in part. At this point it is saying my credentials are invalid even though I've changed my password multiple times and using the correct email. I've tried creating another Atlassian account and that didn't work. I've uninstalled and re-installed and that didn't help. I'm able to log into Atlassian's site with no issues, but through the Source Tree download it never works it either spins and never actually logs in or I get invalid credentials.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2018

Hi Andrea, I'm sorry to hear you're not able to go through the logging process. Are you on Windows or Mac? If you're on Windows, make sure Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version, as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication part. Also, try the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

If you're still having issues after that, please send us a screenshot so we can continue helping you.

Kind regards!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events