It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Git svn push default

Conan Cook Jul 18, 2013

I have a git-svn repository in SourceTree. When I go to push, it always defaults the "Push to repository" selection to Subversion, but I always want to push to a Git remote - is there a way to set this default, or persuade SourceTree to remember the previous choice?

1 answer

0 votes
Thanura Siribaddana Jul 14, 2014

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it,

Go to .git directory in your local repository directory, here you'll see some files and directories. Among those there is a directory called "svn". Rename it to somethign else like "svn-old" or something. This will make "Subversion" option go away from source tree.

In any case if you want it back just rename the directory back to "svn". Hope this will help.

Conan Cook Jul 14, 2014

Thanks! That helps, but it's a workaround rather than a solution. Ideally this would be configurable in the application, or at least the application would remember the last choice.

Thanura Siribaddana Jul 15, 2014

Yes I Agree... Lets see what atlassian has to say about this... :)

SergeyI Feb 04, 2018 • edited

It's been 4.5 years since the question and SourceTree still has the same issue

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

1,946 views 14 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you