Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git-flow not 100% compatible from 2.7.1 and above

Nahue November 5, 2018

This is not a duplicate from this one here

I've done the `getopt` thing and git flow started working but 100% as before.

In my case, I usually review my team work by checking the `features` from one dev or another. So I have git-flow initialised like this:

feature = feature/
release = release/
hotfix = hotfix/
support = support/
versiontag =

So, when checking another dev jobs I go to `feature/ic/CODE-000` and do the usual flow actions like finishing the feature or the hotfix.

From 2.7.1 and above (I tried with v3 as well) having that config results in git flow not recognizing branches like `feature/*/CODE-000` as a feature, so when performing flow the next action always gives me the primary options, like "Start a new feature" and not "Finish feature".

If I config the features to be like `feature/ic/` then git flow recognizes them as they should. The problem is that I need to be able to go through `feature/ic` or `feature/ns` or `feature/jf` without the need of changing the config every time.

Hope someone can help me.

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hi Nahue,

For the moment I'd recommend installing the old implementation of git-flow and choosing "Use System git-flow" in the Git preferences to get back to working order. We are investigating issues with the AVH upgrade and what option is best but there's not an ETA for any changes at the moment.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events