It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Git View from within Sourcetree

Sometimes I need to see what a particular source file actually looked like x changes ago. Looking at the log doesn't give me the picture I need, I want to actually see the file itself without changing the current file. I can do this with "git show" command from the command line as in git show SHA:Filename, however I'd love to be able to do this within SourceTree. Sourcetree doesn't seem to offer this natively and I can't seem to get custom actions to work with this. Anyone have any suggestions? 

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team Oct 19, 2017

Like so?

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 6.45.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 6.46.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-19 at 6.46.38 PM.png

I did that but I don't have anything in my custom actions

2017-10-19_21-13-37.png2017-10-19_21-14-42.png

BTW based on the syntax need to run those from a command line without having to worry about path variables or what directory you are the parameter should be "-C $REPO show $SHA:$FILE" so this should work

2017-10-19_21-23-14.pngHowever the custom actions menu has no submenu. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,942 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you