Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git Pull Options Reflecting Local Configuration

Jordi Lucero September 9, 2019

Hello,

I'm working with a team using SourceTree as a GUI, and we have instructed our team to set their local repository settings to pull.rebase true as we have a big team and we preferred not to have too many pull merge commits in our history. However, I noticed that SourceTree still gives me a checkbox in when I select pull to set it to do a pull rebase or not, and by default, it still indicates a pull merge. I was wondering if this checkbox could be made a little more sophisticated by picking up on the user's local repository setting or the user's global setting. For example, for us, it would be nice if it detected that the local repository has been set to pull rebase by default and automatically show the rebase checkbox selected, or even show it as grayed out, so that it does not give the impression of a pull merge when a pull merge is not being done. SourceTree has been around for a long time, so I'm sure there might be reasons this hasn't been done, but I'm just curious. And if it's something that's on the roadmap, that would be great to know too!

Thank you,

Jordi

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events